Ross KearneyElias MuradDan SoucierBob Westrope
Director of Children’s Ministries
Phone: 905.277.4618 Ex 12
Pastoral Care & Financial Services
Phone: 905.277.4618 Ex. 11 (Mondays only)
Erindale Bible Chapel
1400 Dundas Crescent
Mississauga, ON L5C 1E7
Phone: 905.277.4618 Ext. 10 (for general inquiries)
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Erindale Bible Chapel traces its origins back to the 1950’s, when a small nucleus of Christians settled in the growing suburbs of what is now known as Mississauga. These believers, many of whom were of Brethren origin, had a burden to reach the children of their neighbourhood with the good news of Jesus Christ. In 1961, they launched a Sunday School, which met in the Springfield School on The Credit Woodlands Ave. Home Bible studies for adults were held on Sunday evenings.
By 1965, the Sunday School was attracting over 200 children and adults. The congregation purchased land on Dundas Crescent, a new building was completed, and Erindale Bible Chapel opened its doors in the summer of 1966.
In the ensuing years, the church grew rapidly. In 1978, an addition to the present building was completed. In 1986, Erindale gave birth to a daughter church in Oakville – Oakridge Bible Chapel. Property adjacent to Erindale’s existing lot was purchased to accommodate future expansion and serve as overflow parking.
As the city of Mississauga grew, it took on a unique multicultural flavour. This has been reflected in the congregation of Erindale Bible Chapel. There are over thirty distinct nationalities represented at Erindale, which adds a wonderful diversity to the congregation’s life and ministry.
While the church is non-denominational, Erindale’s roots are in the Brethren movement with its emphasis on strong lay leadership and elder leadership. This has been a hallmark of Erindale’s growth and ministry over the years. In 1999, the elders recommended that the congregation call its first full-time pastor to help shepherd and lead the church and Pastor Peter McKnight was appointed senior pastor and joined the elder team. God called Pastor Peter home to heaven in 2003. Pastor Ross Kearney was appointed lead pastor September 2012 and provides the Bible teaching most Sundays.
What We Believe
- The Bible – we believe that the Bible, consisting of both the Old and New Testaments, is the revealed Word of God to man (1 Thessalonians 2:13). It was given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16), and men of old wrote as they were guided by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). It is the sole authority on all matters of doctrine and conduct
- God – we believe there is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4) eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). The three persons of the Godhead are distinct and co-equal (Ephesians 4:6; John 1:1; Hebrews 9:14).
- Jesus Christ – we believe in God the Son’s eternal existence and that He entered human history as a man – Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 3:16). He was born of the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:35) having been supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:20). While here upon the earth Jesus was, in one person, both truly God and truly man (John 10:33). While on earth He lived a perfect and sinless life, then died on the cross offering Himself without sin or fault to God as a sacrifice for our sins (1 Peter 2:22-24). He rose bodily from the dead (Luke 24:39) and ascended to His Father’s right hand in Heaven (Ephesians 1:20), there to appear as our great high priest (Hebrews 2:14-18; 9:24).
- Holy Spirit – we believe that God the Holy Spirit is the Comforter sent to abide with His people (John 14:16-18). He indwells those who accept the atoning work of Christ for salvation (Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 2 Timothy 1:14) and seals them unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30). The Holy Spirit instructs, challenges and encourages the believer to bring honour to God (John 14:26; 15:26-27).
- Salvation – we believe that mankind was created innocent by God but by Adam’s deliberate sin mankind incurs both physical death and spiritual death, which is separation from God. All of mankind are thus sinners. Salvation is entirely of God’s grace, through repentance of sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone. The believer is forgiven, regenerated, given eternal life and unfailingly kept by the power of God to salvation on the sole basis of faith in Christ as personal saviour (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3:24-25; John 10:27-30; 1 Peter 1:5; John 5:24).
- The Future – we believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His church (1 Thessalonians 4:16) and accordingly, we purpose to live in the constant expectation of this return. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the believer, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost (Daniel 12:2; Revelation 20:11-15).
- The Church – we believe that the church is composed of all persons who truly place their faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord. Jesus Christ is the Head of the church (Ephesians 5:22-32; Colossians 1:18, 2:19) and as such, He directs the activities of His church on earth. Erindale Bible Chapel is a local expression of the church universal and functions under the shepherding care of elders, directed through the work of the Holy Spirit. Every believer has been given spiritual gifts and has both the privilege and responsibility to exercise these gifts in ministries and for the benefit of the church (Ephesians 4; Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12; 1 Timothy 3).
- Communion & Baptism – We believe that Scripture gives two ordinances to be kept by all believers, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper (1 Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 8:36-38).
- Our Calling – we believe that all Christians are called to acknowledge their faith, and to seek to bring others into the faith. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8).
- Our Lives – we believe that all followers of Jesus Christ are called to reflect the character of God in their lives. (Ephesians 5; Romans 12:1-2).